Re: [OM] Considerate vs inconsiderate

Subject: Re: [OM] Considerate vs inconsiderate
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 07:49:15 +0000
Scott Perkins wrote:

> Please, a little discipline and restraint guys when you fill in the subject
> line.  If it aint cameras, JUST SAY NO and don't send it. Go ahead and type
> a bunch more if it makes you feel better.  BUT DONT SEND IT.

We've hashed this to death before. My position is that cameras and
photography are about capturing images of life, not just film and
lenses. In other words, photography involves people in the emotions of
life, thus so-called OT posts are not really OT, since sharing our
feelings about tragedies such as this hopefully make us more
compassionate towards humanity. We are a group of friends that enjoy
photography with OM cameras. Just as the creation of the OM system
involved very much thought, it attracts thoughtful people. Wanting to
share with other thoughtful people is a natural thing to do.

--
"I have a dragon and I'm not afraid to use it!"

Dirk Wright