[OM] OT NYC delete away

Subject: [OM] OT NYC delete away
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 06:52:41 -0700
I guess what alarms me as much as anything is that here we are, quite
possibly on the edge of a precipice that we've not encountered previously in
our entire history.  There are limitless potential outcomes as a result of
what has happened.  Not too many of them are very appealing outcomes.  Some
quarters actually suspect this is the beginning of the ultimate 'final
conflict'.  There are probably between six and seven thousand innocent
casualties of this precipitous act.  That it occupies an inordinate amount
of the list's discussion space is something that I find sort of 'normal'.
It would be rather unnatural, odd, and contrary to human nature for the
entirety of the list to resort completely to business as usual.   Any
perceived inconvenience or hassles of download time/information
editing/weeding through pages of OT gibberish seems a rather trivial thing
to be getting so irked about.

Now if someone were to start slamming OM gear as second class, poor
performing dinosaurs out of the past, I might get my ire up as well...  but
in the mean time, I hope everyone just takes a deep breath, perhaps steps
back a few paces, and chills out a bit (pardon my concession to modern
vernacular).

Delete, flame, ignore, and bombs away.