RE: [OM] Difference between motor drive and winder?

Subject: RE: [OM] Difference between motor drive and winder?
From: Henrik Dahl <hdahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 19:12:43 +0200
Thanks, this will go to my save mail box. The thing is with the MD1 that it's so small and light in itself that you wish it would stay like that when actually powered. Well, welcome back to reality Henrik...

Henrik Dahl

PS Isn't it a little funny that it can run on two different voltages (15 & 18)? I thought most electronic stuff could only handle one voltage.

Henrik,

Haven't seen an answer to this, so here goes...

Power sources (in various incarnations) for the motor drive:

M 18V Control Grip 1 and 2 (minor cosmetic differences, functionally
identical)

M 15V NiCd Control Pack 1 and 2

I know both Control Grips can be used on both motor drives. I don't know if
the NiCd Control Pack 2 can be used on the MD1. If you get the Control Pack
then you also need a charger for it. The MD is physically smaller than
either of the Winders, but that's *without* the grip or NiCd pack attached.
As far as I know, both the grip and NiCd pack can be attached to the MD via
Relay cords, which are available in a number of lengths.

The Control Grip doesn't seem to be all that rare/expensive. The NiCd Packs
either, for that matter. The NiCd pack doesn't add much bulk or weight, the
Grip is fairly large/heavy but does function as a grip, as well.

---
Scott Gomez

I can buy an MD1 for $50 here. But then I will have to get all
different kinds of powersupplies, right?
Are they rare/expensive? Will the MD not be a lot heavier/bulkier
with powerpacks?

Henrik Dahl