Re: [OM] One camera, one lens

Subject: Re: [OM] One camera, one lens
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 20:57:17 -0700
I saw an article years ago, in Leica Fotographie I think that tried to investigate why the 90-100 mm focal length is so pleasing. They did some interesting comparisons of the perspective of oil paintings of landscapes and found that a high percentage of them had perspectives similar to a 90mm or 100 mm lens. They concluded that since artists who were attempting to create a beautiful picture chose that perspective there must be something in it that is inherently pleasing or "normal" to our way of seeing. I know that there is frequently something special about a picture taken with my 90mm then and my 85mm now.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California