Re: [OM] One camera, one lens

Subject: Re: [OM] One camera, one lens
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 23:43:47 -0700
Well, I have a few choices, but were I to have to choose only one, I'd be
torn between the 18/3.5 and the 100/2.0, either lens on an OM-4 or OM-4T
body.

But maybe the 50/2.0 macro would be good, after all the 'normal' lens seems
to be the most popular for a reason, and the macro offers a huge range of
images. This is a really difficult choice to <not> have to make!

This might be a good exercise to try: put one lens and body together and
shoot a whole roll (or more) of film with it... See if you can work with the
lens to capture the vision that that particular focal length allows you to
get that makes that lens special. I just really really love the spacious
feeling of the ultra-wide wide angles...
--

Jim Brokaw