Re: [OM] List name change

Subject: Re: [OM] List name change
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 01:12:19 -0700

I have to say that I think that Gary had shown extreme tolerance;

Well, I don't know what Gary's shown, Roger, but it sure hasn't been "extreme tolerance."

...we all have to go on living, hopefully showing tolerance to everone in the world. I hope that everyone on the list will try to show tolerance in the future. It would grieve me enormously if Tom S. and Gary were lost to the list.

It would bother me, too. Both men impress me as having much to say. But people must follow their own courses, and Gary and Tom are not the only contributors to this list. Both have pretty much stated that either the list must be run their way or they're out of here. When I hear talk like that I shake my head every time.

Where I come from that is not held to be intelligent behavior.

Meanwhile, my position is what it always is: live and let live. What is so hard about that? Why can't more people just give and take in life? I don't get it, I've never gotten it, I'll never get it. Maybe I'm the fool.

I can tell you one thing, though. What's gone down in New York is a whole lot more important to every single person on this planet than anything having to do with Olympus. Now that may or may not make these OT posts right or wrong; for sure it's worth more consideration than the whining I've read around here the past five or six days.

Tris