Re: [OM] Zoooom

Subject: Re: [OM] Zoooom
From: rdk@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 12:01:14 +0200

Just a thought......my 60-300 Tamron takes 62mm filters; don't they all?

Roger Key

Guess we always use another 2 cents worth.  Get enough of them and you might
have a dollar.  Get a couple of those and you can get a cup of Joe at
Starbucks.  If my memory serves me right the originator was looking to put a
couple of lenses together for a hiking kit and wanted to do some macro/close
up work.  Now we're talking a short zoom, a 100-300, some extension tubes and
changing lenses.  I'm a little surprised that no one has suggested one of my
favorites, the Tamron SP 60-300 f3.8 to 5.4.  Not exactly a light weight, but
certainly a manageable size. Takes 67mm filters and focuses so close you will
have to be careful that the subject doesn't touch your front element.  Macro
to 1:1.55.  My major problem with this lens is it often has me leaving my
expensive Zuiko glass at home.  Bill Barber