[OM] OLYMPUS WINDERs #1 & #2.

Subject: [OM] OLYMPUS WINDERs #1 & #2.
From: sunil manga <ameteep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 16:14:19 +0530
HiLIST,
been reading the discussion on WINDERS and Motor Drives
on the List.
Very enlightening.
Use both Winder #1 & #2.
So decided to open them and check the lubrication.
Hmm!
The WINDER #2 is better built than the Winder #1.
Very good care has been taken in providing a small clip
for routing the switch wires.
The Motor seems tiny enough But works very well indeed.

Been using these winders for years without trouble.
NOISE. The Winder #1 seems to be quieter than the
Winder #2.
Definitely subjective and not checked on a SOUND METER
in Decibels.
Did apply some grease on the tiny gears, just in case,
as I dont intend opening them in the near future.

Also applied a layer of thin self-adhesive rubber 2mm
thick at the point where the WINDERS Grip meet the Body
Eyelet for the camera strap. These Winders are based on
3 point locking.
The centring Pin on the Winder, the Main Screw for
fixing on the Body Tripod and the Rubber Nobbin on the
Grip part which rests on the Body Eyelet. Without this
extra rubber Nobbin, the Winders are forever shaking on
the OLYMPUS Bodies. Check Yours if this rubber is
missing.
There should be no light, or play after mounting the
Winder on the body.
If anyone wants further clarification, do contact me.
Sunil Manga, OM List, INDIA.
<ameteep@xxxxxxxx>