Re: [OM] Digital question; when does touch-up become cheating?

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital question; when does touch-up become cheating?
From: "Bernd Moeller" <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 17:59:29 +0200
Hi Mike,

> I took this one last term here at school.  After scanning the negative I
> found a mic stand in the background that appeared to be protruding from the
> trumpeters groin at a somewhat suggestive angle.  I had no problems cloning
> it out...
>
> Is that cheating?

Yes, that's cheating.

I sometimes clone out objects that don't fit into my pictures. In particular
many concert photos are taken under such narrow conditions, that you often
cannot frame the perfect image. Something - lights, mic stands or things in the
background - always gets in the way. So cheating often can't be avoided. But as
long as you don't change the meaning, you'll probably can do that with good
conciuosness.

Regards,

Bernd Möller