Re: [OM] window cleaning

Subject: Re: [OM] window cleaning
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 18:41:35 -0500
Use it for a soft focus lens? ;^)

The 50mm f/1.4's can be very, _very_ difficult to open, if not impossible --
we will try, but if we can't get it open easily, we've learned to let it be.

If you _can_ get either the front or rear lens groups out, my Japanese sensi
(teacher) at Olympus taught me to rub nose grease into the fungus, then
clean with acetone.  Never had a repeat problem in 20+ years....