[OM] newspaper photographers are smart, right?

Subject: [OM] newspaper photographers are smart, right?
From: "Gary Edwards" <garyetx@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 20:13:45 -0500
I've been entertaining myself this evening by looking at the Dallas Morning
News years' best photography at:

http://www.dallasnews.com/photos00/texana9.html

There is an audio file for each shot allowing the photographer to talk about
the shot.

Now, I'm no expert at star trails, having tried a couple of times with
nothing yet to show, but what do you think of a photographer who says you
should carry a compass so you can include Polaris in the picture. . . ?
Nice enough shot, though.  Note that he warns you to put a fresh battery in
the camera before trying this at home.  Guess he doesn't own an OM-1, or
even an old n*k*n.

Gary Edwards

people, places, flight at http://members.home.com/garyetx/