[OM] IR pictures posted

Subject: [OM] IR pictures posted
From: Mark Marr-Lyon <markml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 19:47:32 -0600
Well, one advantage to moving is that you find stuff that you had
completely forgotten about.  While digging though some stuff, I found a
binder containing a bunch of B&W negatives that I took about 15 years ago
while I was in high school.  Anyway, I had tried one roll of IR film (I
think it was Kodak HIE), and I was pleasantly surprised that I still
liked some of them!  I put a few of my favorites up at
<http://homepage.mac.com/markml>  Gotta love that grain!

As far as I can remember, they were taken with my OM2n and a Tamron
35-70/3.5 BBAR Adaptall 2 lens (seems a pretty decent lens, IMHO).  I'm
sure I used a red filter for some of them too.  Comments are welcome!
I'm aware that the thumbnails are messed up, but the images come up ok
for me.  I'd guess that Apple's scaling routines have trouble with
greyscale JPEG's.  I'll try and get around to converting them to RGB
JPEG's sometime.  They could probably use a tad more compression too.

Mark Marr-Lyon