[OM] stupid flash tricks

Subject: [OM] stupid flash tricks
From: dtlocke <dtlocke@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 21:22:13 -0500
Greetings,

I am flash-challenged more often than not...  I'm hoping someone can help me.

The problem: I have a "bright spot" in the middle of some pix from a roll I
shot last weekend.  The problem shots are of our
cats, and are much worse with the black cat than the orange cat (but there are
problems with some of the orange cat shots).  The
bright spot size is roughly the area covered by the prism focusing thing.  The
bright area is washed-out/blue looking.  The shots
were "close" (maybe too close), probably 3 to 5 feet distance.

Equpment: OM2n with the bounce grip, T32 flash with diffuser, 50mm MC f1.4 lens
with Hoya HMC skylight filter.  I played with
some shots on "automatic" and some with manually setting the flash using the
calculator panel  (and took no notes, of course).

If it would help describe the problem I can email or post a scan.

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Dick Locke, dtlocke@xxxxxxxx