Re: [OM] stupid flash tricks

Subject: Re: [OM] stupid flash tricks
From: "Tom A. Trottier" <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 00:51:16 -0400
Is the problem visible on the negative/slide?
Could be the printer if prints.

Did you have your camera in the sun?
(some weird light leak in the back?)

Or some fuzzy glare.
Was anything out of view very reflective? e.g. mirror

Tom

On Wednesday, September 19, 2001 at 21:22, dtlocke <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote on "[OM] stupid flash tricks," saying..

> Greetings,
>
> I am flash-challenged more often than not...  I'm hoping someone can help me.
>
> The problem: I have a "bright spot" in the middle of some pix from a roll I
> shot last weekend.  The problem shots are of our
> cats, and are much worse with the black cat than the orange cat (but there
> are problems with some of the orange cat shots).  The
> bright spot size is roughly the area covered by the prism focusing thing.
> The bright area is washed-out/blue looking.  The shots
> were "close" (maybe too close), probably 3 to 5 feet distance.
>
> Equpment: OM2n with the bounce grip, T32 flash with diffuser, 50mm MC f1.4
> lens with Hoya HMC skylight filter.  I played with
> some shots on "automatic" and some with manually setting the flash using the
> calculator panel  (and took no notes, of course).
>
> If it would help describe the problem I can email or post a scan.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help!
>
> -Dick Locke, dtlocke@xxxxxxxx

----Abacurial-Information-Management-Consultants http://abacurial.com
Tom A. Trottier, President ICQ:57647974
                        415-400 Slater St. Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7S7
                        +1 613 291-1168 fax:594-5412  N45.418 W75.703

(after 2001 Oct 14)     758 Albert St, Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
                        +1 613 860-6633 fax:231-6115  N45.412 W75.715