Re: [OM] Re: [OT] dell woes

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: [OT] dell woes
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 23:21:50 -0700
It isn't the machine, it is the OS. Start over and install Win98 or
Win2000.
Charles Packard

Acer V wrote:

 9/19/01 9:00:20 PM, Gregg Iverson <golftooter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 >I have both the Dell 8100 Dimension and the Sony VAIO.  Sony seems to be
 >out to corner the digital market in video and still pictures.  The Sony is
 >much easier to connect to with ports on the front and back.  Strangly, the
 >Dell has been nothing but trouble since the day it arrived - primarily in
 >the inability to get it to network, but also with frequent crashes,
 >freezing programs, etc.  Both machines have Windows ME (not my fault)
 >installed, until XP arrives.  The Sony gives a free upgrade to it.

hmm, this is funny, i sent an offlist email saying dell was awesome, based on personal experience, (Dimension and Inspiron), looks like either i'm
 > very lucky or they've went down the drain of late.

There is that. You have to deal with an execrable operating system on a PC. But I guess you guys are used to that. ;-)
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California