Re: [OM] window cleaning

Subject: Re: [OM] window cleaning
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 05:15:21 EDT
In a message dated 9/19/01 4:45:57 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> If you _can_ get either the front or rear lens groups out, my Japanese sensi
>  (teacher) at Olympus taught me to rub nose grease into the fungus, then
>  clean with acetone.  Never had a repeat problem in 20+ years....

And the acetone doesn't take off the MC?  Or do you use it gingerly and as
little as possible?  Is the MC pretty "durable"?  Or is losing some or all of
it just part of the cost of getting rid of the fungus?  Just curious.

Rich (no I'm NOT contemplating opening any of my lenses -- shudder)