Re: RE: [OM] Three day, three post rule

Subject: Re: RE: [OM] Three day, three post rule
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 13:19:30 +1000

> Ken N <image66@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> cool it a bit and not treat the list like a chatroom.  If we
> went back to a listserv mentality instead of this chatroom
> mentality the list just might survive.

If I recall correctly, back in the "old days" (2-3 years ago), the server
delivering the
mail was much slower and there was a significant delay between posting and
seeing the posting on the list.  The immediacy of the current response allows
discussions to escalate very quickly.  Perhaps if a 2 hour delay were put in
the
cycle, people would think a bit longer before hitting "send".  I don't know if
this is
possible with the current list software or whether it would work either, just
thinking
out load.

Wayne Harridge

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~w_harridge