Re: Subject: Re: [OM] Duh! (and ON topic)

Subject: Re: Subject: Re: [OM] Duh! (and ON topic)
From: "John Prosper" <japrosper@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 10:24:23 -0500
From: David Lee <dlee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Easy! Just get into the habit of resting a finger on the rewind knob whilst advancing the film. If it don't move there's summat up!

The rewind knob/crank is suppose to turn if there is un-used up film in the camera. If the knob ain't a-turning, you know you are just winding thin air. So one doesn't even have to touch the knob - just look at it. ;-) Furthermore, the film release button should be depressed until a new cartridge is loaded.

>> ...On Tuesday, when I took half a dozen rolls of film to be processed, and
>>  unloaded the camera, I forgot to RELOAD.... :-(
>
>I feel your pain, Scott. Not that it will make you feel any better, but it's
>nice to know I'm not the only one.
>
>Maybe the thing to do is put another roll in at the same time you take the >exposed roll out, RIGHT THEN...OR, put a rubber band around the body, or >some
>other "flag" that shows there is no film in that body.  Anybody have a
>foolproof system for this?
>
>Rich

The Information contained in this e-mail and any
subsequent correspondence is private and is intended
solely for the intended recipient(s).  For those
other than the intended recipient any disclosure,
copying, distribution, or any action taken or
omitted to be taken in reliance on such information
is prohibited and may be unlawful.