Re: [OM] Flash sync 1/60th sec to slow?

Subject: Re: [OM] Flash sync 1/60th sec to slow?
From: "Tom A. Trottier" <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 11:49:26 -0400
Ditch the flash & try a reflector. My suggestion is the white plastic
"cardboard" which is light, sturdy, and easy to clean.
It doesn't need to be very big. Cut the biggest that will fit in your
bag & have an assistant direct it, just out of the frame.
Or get one of those aluminum springy circles.

For exposure, try using some Neutral Density filters to cut the light
if you're constrained to 1/60th by the flash.

Or get a 4T and F280

Tom

On Friday, September 21, 2001 at 11:28, Bolty <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote on "[OM] Flash sync 1/60th sec to slow?," saying..

> Does anyone know how to get the best out of my OM-10's flash sync of 1/60
> sec? For candid shots in harsh sun using fill flash is an annoyance. I tend
> to get sharp backgrounds but the subject is moving. Also (and my flash
> technique may be wrong) I have to close the aperture right down to f22 or
> f16 when using 100 speed film so that the background does not become
> overexposed. The other problem then is the great depth of field makes it
> harder to get  that nice soft background. Should I either look for shaded
> areas or take a big reflector around with me to get over these problems?
> Cheers Adam

----Abacurial-Information-Management-Consultants http://abacurial.com
Tom A. Trottier, President ICQ:57647974
        415-400 Slater St. Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7S7
        +1 613 291-1168 fax:594-5412  N45.417 W75.705

(after 2001 Oct 14) 758 Albert St, Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
        +1 613 860-6633 fax:231-6115  N45.412 W75.714