Re: [OM] Duh! (and ON topic)

Subject: Re: [OM] Duh! (and ON topic)
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 17:57:56 +0100

And Johnny Johnson wrote:

> At 04:42 AM 9/21/01 -0400, Doggre@xxxxxxx wrote:
>
> >Maybe the thing to do is put another roll in at the same time you take the
> >exposed roll out, RIGHT THEN...OR, put a rubber band around the body, or some
> >other "flag" that shows there is no film in that body.  Anybody have a
> >foolproof system for this?
>
> Yep, keep it simple.  Watch to be sure that the rewind knob turns when you
> advance the film.
>
> The voice of experience -
> Johnny

Isn't this shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted?  Why
risk wasting the shot?  Give the rewind knob a tug before you shoot - if
you can rotate it, there's no film in there.  No need for the film
window, which would surely spoil the sleek lines of the lovely OM
cameras.

Actually a window would be very useful to check on that other horribly
common mistake, having the wrong speed dialled in.  Better than the ugly
slots to put the torn-up film box into that other cameras have.

Roger