[OM] New Delta 400 Packaging

Subject: [OM] New Delta 400 Packaging
From: "Skip Williams" <skipwilliamsom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 14:49:01 -0400
I saw something interesting when I went to B&H Photo in NYC (before the attack). I got 20 rolls of the new Delta 400 Professional and it doesn't come in the boxes anymore. It doesn't even come in the plastic cylinder containers anymore! Each roll was packaged individually in a foil sandwich bag, just like a candy bar. Hermetically sealed. I thought that was a bit odd, but I got to thinking......(Yes, I know that it's dangerous, but it happens sometimes.)

WHen I need a new roll of film in the field, I get it out of my bag. It's usually packed in the little white or yellow box. And what do I do with the cardboard box if it has one? I find somewhere to pitch it. OK. You say: "I keep my film in only the little gray/black cannisters." I do that too, and I have to write on EACH ROLL its film type with white china marker before it goes into the bag. Otherwise I will certainly get confused. And I almost never keep the cannisters. I throw them away at the first opportunity. The exposed film is kept in a bag pocket. So wouldn't this new Ilford packaging make things a lot easier? I think....."YES". It will reduce waste, decrease storage space, and still keep the film protected in its little coocoon.

I think I like it!  (No he won't like it...He hates everything!)

Anybody else seen this packaging?

Skip

****** I M P O R T A N T   R E P L Y   I N F O ************
Please adddress ALL offlist messages to skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx
This hotmail.com email address is ONLY used for this mailing list subscription and I will probably not notice any private messages addressed here.