Re: [OM] Extension tubes

Subject: Re: [OM] Extension tubes
From: "Gary Edwards" <garyetx@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 17:15:41 -0500
You have the non-automatic variety.  Olympus made both kinds.  The automatic
version allows you to compose and meter with the aperture wide open so that
the image is bright.  When you release the shutter this version couples the
aperture lever to the camera so that the iris stops down for the exposure.
You can see why the automatic version is more desirable, but for most macro
subject the inconvenience of the non-automatic tubes is minimal.

Gary Edwards

people, places, flight at http://members.home.com/garyetx/