Re: [OM] Extension tubes

Subject: Re: [OM] Extension tubes
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 19:09:40 EDT
This reminds me a bit of the old days when many lenses were not automatic and
you would have to go through the process of focusing wide open and then have
to close the aperature down for proper exposure.  Another aside is that these
extension tubes are not just for focusing on stuff up close as in macro.
This morning I was trying to take some pictures of a hummingbird which has
been perching on a limb in a vine in my back yard.  I put a 25mm extension
tube on my 400mm Zuiko to allow me to focus closer than this lens would
normally allow.  I was still a good man feet from the subject.  Bill Barber