Re: [OM] F280 multi flash use

Subject: Re: [OM] F280 multi flash use
From: "Tom A. Trottier" <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 12:05:48 -0400
On Saturday, September 22, 2001 at 5:13, Walt Wayman <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote on "Re: [OM] F280 multi flash use," saying..

> On Fri, 21 September 2001, "Tom A. Trottier" wrote:
> >
> > I wonder if the many flashes of the F280 in the Super FP mode have
> > ever been used to take multiple pix of something real fast, like a
> > bullet?
> >
> > Tom
>
> I did some bullet photography years ago.  The trick is triggering the
> flash at the right time.  We used two strands of very thin wire a
> couple of millimeters apart stretched across the path of the bullet
> and attached to the flash -- a Heiland Strobonar of some sort, as I
> recall.

Used to use one of those potato mashers way back when.

> When the bullet caused the wires to make contact, the flash went
> off.

How far did the bullet go after triggering?

> The gun (usually a .22, but we did try some larger caliber stuff)
> was secured in a vise, because this had to be done in the dark.
> After the lights were turned off, the shutter was opened, the
> trigger pulled, and the bullet took its own picture.  Had to
> remember to close the shutter before turning the lights back on,
> though.

But no multiple images, eh?

Must have been loud.

Tom
----Abacurial-Information-Management-Consultants http://abacurial.com
Tom A. Trottier, President ICQ:57647974
        415-400 Slater St. Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7S7
        +1 613 291-1168 fax:594-5412  N45.417 W75.705

(after 2001 Oct 14) 758 Albert St, Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
        +1 613 860-6633 fax:231-6115  N45.412 W75.714