Re: [OM] ID cloning

Subject: Re: [OM] ID cloning
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 10:33:25 -0700
I have the original, Tom, almost replied, then figured it was useless, even beneath me as far as that goes.

As for its parentage: I can see no way to determine how it might have been forged by anyone else. The header looks to be of regular construction. Please inform me how I can wring the truth out of that email with forgery in mind. I am ignorant of such matters.

As for the content itself: I find it no more effective or offensive than everyday low-brow humor, about what one could expect from, say, a teenaged "Why didn't you give to the United Way, too?" response, or some such mentality.

Let's see. There was that note, and the most recent one this morning from Chuck Norcutt (which accuses me of authoring "atrocious" stuff) . . . I wonder what's next. I would invite Mr. Norcutt to politely offer specifics.

On the same score: I recall that yet another member accused me of writing stuff (this occurred is an off-line communication) that was actually authored by someone else, though at least this person had the decency to go back and check the thread carefully when I objected, and he then apologized to me afterward.

Here's my take: this list has some perfectly unbalanced members. And that is sad. It's a good place to be for Olympus information, surely, but just look what's happened since New York. And don't let anyone repeat this silliness all about how it was due to the OT messages. Nothing could be further from the truth. We have had (and will continue to have) plenty of OT discussion since I came onboard and the list has happily digested nearly every word of it. Indeed, had it not been for incident involving Oben I dare say OT is about on topic "on-topic" discussion for this group.

No, the objections to the New York talk were raised solely due to the grave nature of the circumstance, that, and the political implications this must inevitably lead to. Fact is many people simply are not emotionally or intellectually equipped to argue anything having to do with politics, and these same people quite often fall completely apart in anything resembling a crisis of any kind. And then, of course, afterward the flow without control or accounting the recriminations, with little consideration given to how "accurate" these may or may not be.

Good show! <g>

I am not angry. I merely expect this behavior as it is what my experience teaches me to be the norm from groups. But I do note the more sordid details of life and I counsel others to as well. That many people do not so bother themselves surprises me not. Which is fine. that's on them. All I know is that I plan to survive.

So, carry on. <g>

Tris

Ken,

Do you (or anybody) still have the original post? Pretty simple to figure
out who posted it.

Tom