Re: [OM] This Idiot's Found a Kit

Subject: Re: [OM] This Idiot's Found a Kit
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 15:00:32 EDT
In a message dated 9/23/01 7:25:39 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
tabbycl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Rich,
>
>  For comfort, it is hard to beat a belt pack.  One of my lower back
>  disks is a bit short.  Carrying even an OM and a few lenses in a
>  shoulder bag is out of the question, but I can hang quite a bit of
>  weight off my waist. Maybe even a N*K*N!!  The Orion or Orion Mini is
>  a great choice for a small OM kit.  LowePro also makes the Off Trail
>  1 and 2 series that have separate lens pouches.  Take a look at
>  http://www.lowepro.com/pages/byStyle/beltpack.htm .

Yeah, I can relate to the back issues, Chris.  I've been lucky lately (knock
on wood).  Going from an old back-killer back pack to a new Kelty with padded
belt that put the weight on my hips was a revelation for me, even years ago
when my back was still 100%.  In hiking/backpacking, weight is everything,
and keeping weight low is everything, too.  I was drawn to the small size and
weight of the OM system like moth to flame.

And yeah, the Lowe Off Trail 1 and 2 were two of the many choices that had me
going nuts yesterday.  I think I did good.  Will be going deer hunting with
bros-in-law and nephews soon (just shooting film here, maybe busting some
brush for them :-)), and the Orion will be around my waist, leaving hands
free, back unstressed.

Oops, it was $35, not $27, as I originally posted (never forget that I'm an
idiot).  Still a good deal, I think.  Very well made little pack.

Rich