Re: [OM] (Fwd) Using non-zuiko lenses with OM's

Subject: Re: [OM] (Fwd) Using non-zuiko lenses with OM's
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 11:59:33 +1000
Quite happy with my Tamron SP 500/8 which cost me US$100 near new, in case,
with adaptor. The price meant I could buy it as an occasional use lens - a
Zuiko would really need to justify its cost for me.
The one on offer is Samyang which means it's probably Chinese and may be
the one that Warren Xato found so bloody awful. A Tamron is good as it can
be used with an Adaptall 2 mount on almost any SLR (makes resale easy),
focuses fairly close and matches up with the rather good Tamron SP
teleconvertors (1.4X and 2X). I'd think a Tamron, Sigma or Vivitar in the
$150 area would be a much better deal than the Samyang.
Don't forget that you really need the ND filters too! They give you a
little more control as you'll only have two hand-held speeds available.
AndrewF