Re: [OM] 8mm 2.8 fisheye up on Ebay

Subject: Re: [OM] 8mm 2.8 fisheye up on Ebay
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 11:01:02 +0100

> Andrew wrote:
>

> > A shift I could use and use but I can't really think of a use for a full
> > circle fisheye once the novelty has worn off. Seriously expensive toy,
> > but....what is the point?

Fisheyes are great, but I can't see the point of buying an actual proper
fisheye lens at colossal cost.  I've got an adaptor that screws on to my
28mm lens to give a circle frame fisheye, which cost me 20 pounds.
Quality's perfectly good enough for the infrequent occasions when I use
it.  I used it far too much when I got it - I love the fisheye look -
but I soon got fed up of 30 ridiculously distorted photos out of 36 each
time I got a film back!

Roger