Re: [OM] BW films redux

Subject: Re: [OM] BW films redux
From: Jim Couch <JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 11:05:38 -0700
NO! :)
If you are serious about the B&W shoot some fall 'shades' & textures with it.
Experiment with
filtration. I am sue you will get some good results.

I have never tried the T-Max, but its sounds from your description like one
would want to treat it
more like a slide film that a conventional B&W. In otherwords expose for the
highlights NOT the
shadows. How does the shadow detail hold up when underexposed?

Jim Couch

Ken N wrote:

SHIP

> I have had a love/hate relationship with TMAX 100.  My biggest
> problem has ALWAYS been burning out the highlights.
> Over-exposing this film is NOT a good thing.  Nowhere near the
> forgiveness of Plus-X, Pan-F or Tri-X.

SNIP