Re: [OM] Re: Help with Olympus C-35

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Help with Olympus C-35
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 20:53:01 +0200
: All I have is the camera body. Do you have any code numbers for the
: 'exposure body', photomicroscopic light meter and the microscope adapter?

Sure :) Of course, none of these parts are available anymore from Olympus.
Easiest should be the light meter:  You can make your own from a voltage
meter and a light sensitive cell.

Btw, on http://www.taiga.ca/~esif/om-sif/camhistory/camhistory.htm , section
Microscope Cameras, you can get an idea how the complete setup is supposed
to look from the image of the PM-6.

The manual exposure bodies PM-PBM are easy to find, but useless without the
special adapters...

: Thanks for the advice. Maybe I'll stick to my OM2n!!

Yes, that's probably best. However, if you find an Adapter L
http://www.taiga.ca/~esif/om-sif/photomicrogroup/adapter_l.htm ,
which should not be too hard, remember that you also need a matching
eyepiece adapter PM-ADF or PM-ADP.
http://www.taiga.ca/~esif/om-sif/photomicrogroup/eyepiece_adapters.htm

This is the tricky part - they're not that common and if you find them they
tend to be overpriced.

Cheaper and faster to get is a generic photomicroscopic adapter with
T-mount; these include the eyepiece adapter and the complete setup should
cost no more than about $40. Every shop that sells serious microscopes
should have them stocked. Of course, images taken with the Adapter L and
PM-ADF are superiour ;)

Seriously, the biggest advantage of 'the real thing' is that the
magnification with the Oly adapters is easy to determine. With the (N)FK
photo eyepieces it is eyepiece magnification x objective magnification.

Remember you also need the 1-12 screen. It is still available from Olympus
if you can't find a decent used one. And try to get an photo eyepiece like
the Oly (N)FK 2.5x or (N)FK 3.3x or from another microscope manufacturer.

hnz