Re: [OM] Pardon the Heresy? Nikon Anybody

Subject: Re: [OM] Pardon the Heresy? Nikon Anybody
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 20:41:06 +0000
At 00:50 9/25/01, you wrote:
Hi Bill

If you were just for a moment to think of replacing your OM camera bodies
with a Nikon wonderbrik, what would it be? Would a new FM 3a or F90x (N90n)
be a good one? Rather amongst all the Nikons what would you get?

My N*k*n picks (one of them can only be found used now):
  F3
  FM3a
  FM2n
  FE2n (only available used)

Indeed, when I was ready to greatly expand my 35mm SLR system, all of these (except the newly released FM3a) were seriously considered along with the Nikkor AIS lenses. The F3 is not a Wunderbrick, it's pure Brick. Built like a tank, but it has the size and weight of one too. Maitani's Wunderkind OM bodies and Zuiko lenses won out. Smaller size, lighter weight, and just as reliable/durable.

-- John