Re: [OM] Other filmstocks (long-ish)

Subject: Re: [OM] Other filmstocks (long-ish)
From: Jim Couch <JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 22:41:07 -0700
Scott,

I shot some 5247 for a few years in the late 70s. I was looking at some of my
slides and the color is horrible! The slides have faded and color shifted BADLY.
I haven't checked the negs yet, hopefully they are OK. Another problem I ran
into was trying to get the negs printed. Most printers can't deal with the
different shade of mask on the film.

For many years I shot Agfachrome, and still do when I need a film faster than
K64. It is my second favorite film stock behind the K64. In some cases, better.
The Agfa has a very consistent tonality regardless of what speed film stock you
shoot. The colors are probably the most neutral of any slide film I have used.
In particular the whites remain white and blues are very faithfully produced. My
only real gripe is the stuff is hard to find. I can get the RSX 100 locally, but
anything else has to be ordered.

Jim Couch

Scott Gomez wrote:

SNIP

> I've shot many, many rolls of Eastman 5247 (now replaced by 5248) over the
> years however, and always have been very pleased with it. Good color
> rendition and relatively inexpensive. I should have some 5248 done soon so
> I'll be able to compare with the earlier stuff.

SNIP