[OM] Learning to Print again

Subject: [OM] Learning to Print again
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 06:37:13 +0100
Dear All

I had my first lesson at BW printing yesterday. I have done it before so I was interested in refreshing my ideas rather than learning from scratch.

The lessons were:

1. Keep it simple: easy to say once you have experience, but we started with test strips (torn-up bits of 10 x 8!) using a constant f8 and varying the time. He used Fotospeed Oyster paper with an LPL colour head for variable contrast.

2. Be consistent: my tutor kept it to a drill and always developed for 2 minutes, rinsed for 10 secs, fixed for 3 minutes and washed for 20 mins.

That was pretty well it. Oh yes ... we printed shots from my OM1 and my Fuji GS645S and he dared to suggest that I switch entirely to MF - "just see how clean the prints are with a MF negative..." but he didn't realise that he was talking to a Zuikoholic!

I am doing colour printing and a model shoot today; I have never used a model nor studio lights before, so it should be interesting.

Chris
--
<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker