[OM] Re: replacement?

Subject: [OM] Re: replacement?
From: "Sue Pearce" <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 08:03:28 -0500
> From: "Clemente Colayco" <litefoot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [OM] Pardon the Heresy? Nikon Anybody
>
> Hi Bill
>
> If you were just for a moment to think of replacing your OM camera bodies
> with a Nikon wonderbrik, what would it be? Would a new FM 3a or F90x
(N90n)
> be a good one? Rather amongst all the Nikons what would you get?

MY GOD, MAN, ARE YOU NUTS?

Actually, the N(F)90 is discontinued, I think. My wife has an N80 and the VR
lens, absolutely the only reason I would have for using a wonderbrick. Just
theis last Friday, we had a group over, including two other local pros, both
of whom use Canon wonderbricks. Guess how often they use autofocus? Less
than autoexposure, to be sure. One said he almost never used AF. Why, I
wonder, does he have those things? I did say that I was not meant for AF,
hence my experience with the Contax G2.

If I were to leave the OM fold? If for 35, I would probably go back to my
old Nikon F's. But I would be momre likely to go the  a Mamiya 6, or just
more Hasselblad stuff.

Sorry to not have been of more help.

Bill