RE: [OM] Pardon the Heresy? Nikon Anybody

Subject: RE: [OM] Pardon the Heresy? Nikon Anybody
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 13:02:46 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, Daniel J. Mitchell wrote:

>  'image stabilized', I think to myself? I know that exists in camcorders but
> they have a whole bunch of digital processing to remove the shake.. how
> could this possibly work on a lens made of glass+metal?

Before consumer camcorders were cost reduced, all stabilisation was done using
motors and moveable elements.  Nowdays that's all gone and replaced with
some fancy software that ends up using only part of the CCD.  Picture quality
suffered, but as usual, consumers accepted it since it was cheaper.
                                -mark