[OM] slides from 5247 negatives

Subject: [OM] slides from 5247 negatives
From: Eric Pederson <epederso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 11:06:09 -0700 (PDT)
Jim Couch wrote:
> I shot some 5247 for a few years in the late 70s. I was looking at some of my
> slides and the color is horrible! The slides have faded and color shifted
> BADLY.
> I haven't checked the negs yet, hopefully they are OK. Another problem I ran

And

Scott Gomez wrote:
> Wow! I'm surprised to hear of that. I've got 5247 slides from around then
> that appear to be in good shape still. I made a quick pass through a few old
> trays just recently and they looked fine. I'll have to check more closely

I'll second Jim Couch with my own experience.
My late 1970's slides from Hollywood
RGB lab 5247 processing were far gone enough to through out last year
(after only dark, but not temp/humidity controlled, storage).
I haven't found the negatives yet! On the other hand, many other emulsions
from that era have shifted as well. Scary to think of the potential damage
to motion picture stock. Let's hope the negs are in better shape!

Eric Pederson
epederso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (no "n" in "epederso")
Professional home page:
        http://logos.uoregon.edu/uoling/faculty/pederson/pederson.html