Re: [OM] Cheap, fast CLA

Subject: Re: [OM] Cheap, fast CLA
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 18:32:28 -0700
Don't know but I'd guess any service run through KEH is competent. All of my dealings there have been happy dealings.

If you're gonna be without your body for awhile why not have a CLA while you're at it? Then when you get it back you'll know it's probably good for another ten years or whatever.

Tris

The foam seals on the back of my OM-4 are beginning to
rot and I need to CLA it. Nothing else is wrong with
it, but I just want to get it checked up "just in
case" Problem is that John H seems really busy (sent
in an OM-1n 7 weeks ago) and I dont really need an
overhaul, just a checkup. I was thinking about sending
it in to KEH for $40 + shipping for a light seal
replacement and general diagnostic. This means I would
be without a camera at all so I want to get the work
done reasonably fast. They also have standard overhaul
which is $115. Does anyone have any experience with
this repair center, should I try it out with my OM-4?

Mark Lloyd