Re: [OM] [OT] Everyone leaving...

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Everyone leaving...
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 21:04:43 -0700 (PDT)
William Clark wrote:

I have been a list member for about 1.5 yrs. now and have truly loved
this list.  I am not an OM collector per se, but I really enjoy my OM1n
and the Zuiko and other lenses in my kit.  The advice I have received
has been truly amazing and I have bought a few things off of list
members.

However, I am concerned that people are jumping ship for no real
reason.  I have been frustrated at the lack of on topic posts as well,
but lets not forget that this is just a list; there are far more
important things to worry about.  If the list goes off topic for a
while, so be it.  It does not help with people threatening to leave or
unsubscribing on a whim.  I hope this does not offend anyone.  I am
more pragmatic about the list than most I guess.  If I see something I
don't like, I hit the delete key-simple as that.

Dear All,

My sentiments exactly! I can never understand the prima donnas who
(metaphorically) flounce out and slam the door, with some sort of
parting shot that reads like a juvenile's suicide note, just because
some naughty fellow listee said something they didn't like. What's to
get upset about? Most of us have broader shoulders than that, surely? I
would say to those who feel they've been affronted: "If you're gonna
go, just go, but don't expect the listees who remain to shed any tears
over it."

Regards,

=====
Ray