Re: [OM] [OT] Sensia II vs. Provia. Was: Kodachrome vs Provia

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Sensia II vs. Provia. Was: Kodachrome vs Provia
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 23:10:02 +0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bernd Moeller" <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> I'd agree, too. I've shot Sensia II as well as Provia, both 100 ASA. There
is virtually no difference to see. Tests carried out by german Fotomagazin
(oct. 2001, page 38ff) show that Sensia is a little sharper with 140Lp/mm
compared to Provia with 135LP/mm. This difference is neglectable. Velvia
gives 160 Lp/mm. The same test also says that Provia is the better allrond
film, with better push-capabilities and better "exposure stability" (don't
know what they mean with this. Provia has "normal" contrast, whereas Sensia
II's contrast is "normal to soft".

If you are talking about Provia, that may be true, but I think what you can
get now is Provia F (RDP III), Provia is no longer in production. Provia F
is the finest ISO 100 film and resolution is higher than Sensia (according
to Fujifilm's web site). If you want more information, you can go to
www.fujifilm.com.

C.H.Ling