RE: [OM] Seattle Film Works (was films)

Subject: RE: [OM] Seattle Film Works (was films)
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 13:48:49 -0600
> Unless I hear something wonderful about SFW, I will
> stay away.

 Philip Greenspun doesn't like them either, for whatever that's worth.
http://www.photo.net/photo/film a fair way down says:

"Films to avoid: [...] Anything derived from movie stock, e.g., Seattle Film
Works. Movie film is lower quality than photographic film and it is also
non-archival. Your memories will fade very quickly if you don't keep your
processed negatives in the freezer (which is what movie studios do). [Note:
normal color neg film will say "Process C41" on the canister. If it says
"Process ***something else****" then you've got movie film. This is why the
junk that Seattle Filmworks respools cannot be processed at your local
minilab.] "

 -- dan