RE: [OM] Vivitar/Zuiko

Subject: RE: [OM] Vivitar/Zuiko
From: Chip Stratton <cstrat@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 22:46:52 -0500
This was a very well regarded lens in it's time, and I suspect it doesn't
give up much  if anything to the Zuiko - though it may be heavier than the
Zuiko.

Very nice examples have sold on ebay in the $80.00 range, so use that as a
guide.

I had a Zuiko 65-200 at one time, but found my Tokina SZX 70-210/4-5.6 was
sharper so sold the Zuiko (though it was obviously built more ruggedly than
the Tokina). I also briefly had the Vivitar in question, but didn't actually
use it so I can't comment on it's performance from experience.

Best would be to shoot with the lenses you are considering and compare
results. Even among quality lenses like Zuikos, there can be detectable
sample to sample variations in quality of image produced (ref. Gary Reese).

Chip Stratton