Re: [OM] no more carryons?

Subject: Re: [OM] no more carryons?
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 21:30:20 -0700

Tris...Contact your insurance agent and add a scheduled personal property (floater) on your homeowner or personal property policy...The coverage is all risk and covers all over the world usually without a deductible and the cost is very low...Marty

I have personal property insurance but only as a rental for my place here in San Francisco, with a $500 deductible. That's all a "rider" (if that's the proper term) on my homeowner's policy, which is on a property up in the mountains which I hardly ever use.

If I understand you, you say that personal property insurance ought not to have a deductible, though every homeowner's policy I've paid for included that little detail. I always make sure it's a "replacement" policy, so maybe that's the difference. I've never paid much attention to these details, relied on the integrity of my broker, who's a former Elk brother of mine. (I say former, Elks say "Once an Elk always an Elk!" <g>)

Can you clarify any of that? Are you an insurance broker?

Tris