RE: Re: [OM] [OT] Sensia II vs. Provia. Was: Kodachrome vs Provia

Subject: RE: Re: [OM] [OT] Sensia II vs. Provia. Was: Kodachrome vs Provia
From: Paul Wallich <pw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 12:24:09 -0400
Cc: "olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
At 11:45 AM -0400 9/27/01, jamesfc@xxxxxxx wrote:

In reference to Provia, has anyone tried the new Provia 400F? It received rave reviews in Outdoor Photographer and Popular Photography. They claim the grain structure is quite small and it is very publishable and has excellent contrast and color. I'm heading to Belize in a couple of months and in the rainforests, I would really like to have a faster film available. I understand the film is relatively expensive (about $10 street price for a 36 exposure roll) - but it may be well worth the price.
==

9.49 from B&H, $13.25 or so with a fuji mailer. That might well be the way
to go if postal service back from Belize is reliable. (I mailed almost all
my film back from hawaii last spring, and it was just great not to have to
keep track of it once it was shot...)

paul

--
Paul Wallich                                            pw@xxxxxxxxx