Re: [OM] Marginally OT - It's getting closer

Subject: Re: [OM] Marginally OT - It's getting closer
From: "M. Royer" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 13:26:03 -0700 (PDT)
To put the price of the EOS-1D in perspective. You can
almost get a new Zuiko 250 F2 for that price. And the
Zuiko won't lose 3/4 of its value in 2 years (at least
if its kept in good condition). It has all the same
features as the 1v - in other words way too many. And
it still doesn't have a 35mm CCD so the lens length is
1.3x that of its normal length. Personally I'm not
that excited about it. To top it all off I think it
looks ugly. This is all IMHO, I personally dislike all
things Canon since I almost got a Rebel POS a few
years ago.

Mark Lloyd