[OM] Push & pull (was B/W film specs)

Subject: [OM] Push & pull (was B/W film specs)
From: Henrik Dahl <hdahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 23:19:41 +0200
When pushing/pulling a film and leaving it to be developed, do you always tell the shop that you've pushed/pulled? Or is there a point in letting them develop "as if"? I'm talking small measures here, like 1/3 - 1 stop up or down, and mainly B/W. I'm asking because someone (sorry, lost the post) adviced to shoot 125 ASA Ilford FP4 on 100 ASA.

Thanks
Henrik Dahl

On film. The Ilford film mentioned is the one I have mentioned before, where
I have gotten a substantial speed gain in dip-and-dunk Xtol. I've just
finished the last of my bargain FP4+, and am going back to my old favorite,
Plus-X, but I was getting about 160 to 200 ASA routinely. since another
member recommends ASA 100, this tells me either he likes really thick
negatives, or this film is quite flexible in development.