Re: [OM] OM-2S flash mistake

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2S flash mistake
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 23:52:37 +0000
At 04:20 9/28/01, Ray Moth wrote:
[snip]
I always use lens caps whenever I put the camera away but I only do it
to protect the front element, I didn't know it could influence battery
life as well.
[snip]

It doesn't. On some of the old Oly (and other) rangefinders that have the meter cell wrapped around the outside of the lens without an off switch, it does. However, it doesn't make any difference on the OM-2S or OM-4[T,ti] bodies.

Switching to the "red" shutter speed positions turns off the viewfinder display completely (and instantly).

BTW, I've gotten about 9 months on a set of #357 cells in the OM-2S, including some long periods of flash use with it, and the OM-4 gets about the same. You might look into buying a bulk lot of them.

-- John