[OM] OT - BW film and year-old negs

Subject: [OM] OT - BW film and year-old negs
From: "Roger Wesson" <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 02:57:15 +0100
Hi everyone,

I just got back two rolls of XP-2, which for various reasons mostly
involving me being disorganised had sat around undeveloped for a year.  Some
of them came back fine, for example:

http://www.worldtraveller.f9.co.uk/photo/temp/chichi_market.jpg
http://www.worldtraveller.f9.co.uk/photo/temp/smoking_hole.jpg

Others came out oddly hazy around the highlights:

http://www.worldtraveller.f9.co.uk/photo/temp/waterfall.jpg

Still more came out quite clearly wrecked:

http://www.worldtraveller.f9.co.uk/photo/temp/aged_negative.jpg

Do you think the somewhat variable quality might be due to the year's delay
in processing them, or does it look more like the lab got it wrong?  The
'aged negative' is the worst example, but a couple of others are almost as
bad.

Thanks,
Roger