[OM] Digital Adapter

Subject: [OM] Digital Adapter
From: "Andy Gilbert" <gilbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 20:22:33 +0100
***Original Message***
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 10:45:25 -0600
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>

I was looking through the July-August issue of American Photo magazine and
ran across something I had missed before. Silicone Film Technologies is
marketing a digital adapter that fits inside a conventional 35mm SLR. It
looks like a film canister with a strip of film sticking out that extends
over the film exposure area. They are apparently camera specific as the
little article says they have them for some Nikon and Canon cameras with
more to come. The cost is about $700 with the computer adapters etc. The
cartridge holds 24 1.3 megapixel images. This thing is called the EFS-1.
Have these been discussed on the list before?
Rumour is they are no more.  I enquired some time ago when they were going
to make an OM back.  They used lots of words in code to say "We aren't"  It
seems such an obvious thing to do, though.  Perhaps when CCDs are big and
cheap enough to cover the 35mm frame someone else will try.  I hope so, it
would be great to have the choice.

Andy Gilbert
Exeter
Devon