Re: [OM] Temptation Ended or "You've just talked your way out of a sale.

Subject: Re: [OM] Temptation Ended or "You've just talked your way out of a sale."
From: "M. Royer" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 11:38:53 -0700 (PDT)
Well I went back to the store that had the $450 Tamron
SP 35-105 to look at it agin and probably buy it. I
talked to the SAME guy I talked to earlier. I again
quoted the $450 price the manager was willing to give
me as opposed to the $529 listed on the box. Then he
uttered 6 words that totally killed the sale, "I'm not
calling you a liar, but..." then he went on about
having to talk again to the manager about the price I
was quoted. Now if he had just said he had to talk to
his manager I would certainly have understood. But
what kind of a salesman not so indirectly calls a
potential customer a liar. I'll keep looking for a
Tamron SP 35-105, but I'll be damned if I get it from
that store.
Interestingly I was talking to the salesman at Ritz
camera yesterday and he said, "The guys at that camera
store (ROWE) talk down to you like your an idiot, but
they don't know anything about what they are selling
either." He was referring to a Pentax he got from
there that he was assured had double exposure
capabilities, but it didnt. He brought the camera back
and only got the camera he wanted by threatening a
"Bait and Switch" lawsuit.

Mark Lloyd