Re: [OM] Circ. Polarizers - What brands?

Subject: Re: [OM] Circ. Polarizers - What brands?
From: "M. Royer" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 11:52:57 -0700 (PDT)
I will add my welcome to this list. The only real fast
glass I might recommend to someone just getting into
Olympus might be the 50/2 Macro. I just got one from
Tom Scales a few days ago and I must say it is totally
amazing! It can do double duty as both a nice 50mm
normal lens and a wonderful macro lens, beware that it
is quite expensive though. Ebay prices for Ex+
condition lenses seem to be inflated, and I haven't
seen many at KEH or B&H. If you can get your hands on
one go for it of course. One thing I find is that when
using wide angle lenses I never really need the
fastest setting even for the "slow" glass as I use
wide angles either outside in the sun, or inside with
the camera resting on something that stabilizes it
fine or with a flash. The one set of lengths that fast
glass REALLY comes in handy would be the longer
telephoto and indoor sports and such (250/2 anyone).
Not that I've ever even seen one of these lenses in
person. Anyway welcome to the list.

Mark Lloyd